WHY I DROPPED COMEDY FOR UNIVERSITY "MC AGABZY"

061114F-MC-Agabzy.jpg - 061114F-MC-Agabzy.jpg
MC Agabzy

        Victor Apeji , a 21 year old stand up comedian also known as MC Agabzy, has become one of the popular student in University of Benin. In an interview with Solomon Elusoji, MC Agabzy spoke on the journey so far, his dream,aspirations and his new found fame.

       Agabzy is currently a student of 200 level under department of Mas Communication and also anchor events and do stand-up comedy. He is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of agabzy Entertainment.  He has some people who work together with him in his agabzy Entertainment. Agabzy entertainment is aimed at organizing and  packaging events, creating platforms for musicians, dancers and comedians to showcase their talents.

         He said their focus is to focus is to provide a platform for young musicians, dancers and comedians to showcase their talents, and to improve social life in the campus community in University of Benin.

          I started comedy at the age of 16, with Evangelist Loquacious, who is a gospel comedian. He was the person who groomed me in comedy and I started anchoring events and attending stand-up comedy to develop myself. But at some points in my life I realised that for you to achieve certain things in life, you have to attain certain levels of excellence, therefore I dropped my entertainment ambitions for the meantime to pursue my university education.

          Agabzy said he was not expect the turnout he saw in the recent Comedy invasion that was hosted at the Theatre Hall, Ekehuan Campus University of Benin, It was a hug success. He gives thanks to God for the success of that Comedy Invasion the campus community for their support because they only planned for something small but the turnout of people beyond their expectation. He said  " I have been able to balance my university education with my life dream and I want to say here that it has been working for me especially with the success of Comedy Invasion".

        He said "one of the major challenges they encountered in organising Comedy Invasion was financial challenges because When you are organising events, you require money to buy the necessary things you need and handle the miscellaneous expenses that may arise. You also require sponsorship from corporate organisations that would help in branding the events. I want to thank Startimes, Kada plaza, and Bami Photos for their sponsorship and branding of the event".

Read detail on Thisday
WHY I DROPPED COMEDY FOR UNIVERSITY "MC AGABZY" WHY I DROPPED COMEDY FOR UNIVERSITY "MC AGABZY" Reviewed by Anonymous on 07:12:00 Rating: 5

No comments

Konga