Why I decided not to re-marry since my husband's death in 1984 - Iya Rainbow

Veteran actress Idowu Phillips popularly known as Iya Rainbow in  a recent interview with punch tells about her career and life as a widow. and how life has been since the death of her husband in 1984.

Idowu Phillips
 
       Iya rainbow said, she did not re-marry because many men are liars and she doesn't like that. She said they come to your house, feel comfortable, you cook for them and probably have sex with them and then they say ‘I would see you tomorrow’ but you will never see them again. She doesn't like that. It is better for someone to carry one’s cross she said.
     
      Iya Rainbow also said although she gets suitors, but they end up running away once they saw the number of her children. She said she know that it is not easy for someone as a widow not to re-marry but with prayer, God would help them.
 
      Iya rainbow further explain why she did not re-marry "if I had re-married, I probably would have had other children and I would be the one to see them through school at my old age and the man might even leaves her". She advise other widows to walk in her footsteps.

     Speaking on whether she had sex since 1984 that she lost her husband "she said, she did not  had sex with anyone else. Then, I did not even remember that I am a woman. I pray no one goes through what I went through. Then, the only time I remembered that I am a woman was when I wanted to ease myself".
 
     Iya Rainbow also talked about how Seven of them used to stay in a one-bedroom apartment and when they will drank garri and her children would be using toothpick in public as if they ate rice and chicken. She thank God that now, they are able to eat rice and chicken.

Read detail on Punch





Why I decided not to re-marry since my husband's death in 1984 - Iya Rainbow Why I decided not to re-marry since my husband's death in 1984 - Iya Rainbow Reviewed by Anonymous on 19:00:00 Rating: 5

No comments

Konga