Why I dumped lucrative oil & gas job for music





 From the recent interview, Judith Ojevwe Nwachukwu explained her musical career how it started.
Lady Judith (Nwachukwu Akpomejevwe Judith), a gospel artiste, has been in the industry for the past 15 years. The former Vice President of PMAN came into limelight in 2008 when she dropped the hit single, There Is A Name. She has performed at various concerts both at home and abroad, and has done several singles with the likes of Onyeka Owenu and Queen Salawa Abeni among others. Today, Judith is set to drop her debut studio album. In this chat with Damilola Fatunmise, the Sapele-born-singer opens up on her new album and call to music. Judith Nwachukwu is a married woman blessed with a set of intelligent twins; a boy and a girl.


      The title of her latest album is Thankful because it is the testimony of her life and what God has done for her, her family and her business. She said, she can’t thank Him enough. The only thing she can give Him is praise and she know that if she praise Him with all her heart and with her entire soul, He will do more for her like the Holy Book says.

       When she was asked Why is it that gospel artistes are not recognised the way hip-hop artistes are? She said "We are not expected to live according to the world. That the hip-hop artistes are being celebrated does not mean we are not working. Good for them, we are in a world where sex sells. If you shoot a video in this country without showing boobs and bum, you have not done anything and gospel videos don’t feature all these because we have values; I am talking about morals."

      This is her response on how her husband coping with her music career "He met me on stage and he can’t stop me because that is the only way we can have peace, so he is encouraging me to do what I love to do".  Her response on why did it take her this long to come up with her album , she said "Before now I was working with NNPC. I had babies at home to take care of. At a time I went back to school and then I eventually traveled out of the country. But now I am fully back in the business. Besides, music is not what you can just do and fold your arms; you must work hard to bring out a good album". She said, she left oil job for music because she was sent to do gospel music and that purpose must be fulfill. 

 Read detail on The Sun
Why I dumped lucrative oil & gas job for music  Why I dumped lucrative oil & gas job for music Reviewed by Anonymous on 15:13:00 Rating: 5

No comments

Konga